Monday, October 8, 2007

New Series

I am going to start on my next series of posts. There is so much to say on the matter, I don’t even know where to begin. Hopefully I will do this in a concise manner so it flows and you understand what I am saying. But who knows, so far that hasn’t always been the case.


I have had some people on my other blog who thinks I should write this way or that way and even what topics I should write about. Sounds weird doesn’t it, who would have the gall to tell a blogger how to write their own blog. Unless it was a English teacher, which I will admit, I could use some guidance …no? Not doing it for you?? Well pardon me for trying to be funny. You know you’ve lost it when you start having imaginary joke critics.


First, let me tell you WHAT I am going to be writing about and HOW I plan on doing it. OK here goes nothing, the topic for the next series of posts will be “The End Times”. All Abrahamic faiths have some belief in the ‘End Times’. There are differences however.


Now the HOW, what I will be doing is showing what each text says. I will also show what different people say. At the very end, I may give my personal two cents worth, or maybe not. I haven’t decided yet. I would like you to read them even if you, yourself don’t believe in scripture. If you really don’t want to, and would like for me to email you when I am done with the topic, let me know. I don’t have a problem with doing that for you. But personally I think you would be missing out.


Until a few months back, I didn’t realize that Islam had its own belief of the End Times. So maybe some of you didn’t know either. I am hoping that we will all learn something new with this series of posts. If you have something to say about it, feel free, but please be respectful of other people’s beliefs. Do unto others what you would want done unto you. Sound simple enough?? Regardless of which faith you have, or don’t have, try and be open minded.


I really debated whether to do this now or not, I have been so busy, I haven’t been able to line everything up the way I want it yet. But I finally decided that I might as well just do it. I’ll line it out as I go along. Just remember, if I don’t get everything in one post, there will be more. Entire books have been written and rewritten on the subject of the End Times, I am going to attempt to show the differences but I’m sure I will miss something. If you have anything you want me to add, please email me and let me know. Do you think if I blither on a little bit more, I will have enough script for one post?? OK, lets jump in.


First lets start with a word, isra’iliyyat. I think it is Arabic, basically the principle is, when it comes to the Jewish or Christian faith, anything that doesn’t jive with the Quran, is wrong. Actually I will copy what I read the word to mean.



“This word, meaning ‘of Jewish origin’ refers to explanations derived from non-Muslim sources and especially from the Jewish tradition, but also including other ahl al-kitab (people of the Book) in general. Such material was used very little by the sahaba, but more by the tabiun and even more by later generations. There are many aspects of the Quran which can be explained by referring to such sources, when there is common ground between the Quran and the other traditions. However, the information taken from such sources must be used with great caution and cannot be considered sound according to the standards of ilm al-hadith, unless traced back to the Prophet himself and his Companions. Hence on distinguishes three kinds of the so-called isra’iliyat: 1) Those known to be true because the revelation to the Prophet Muhammad confirms them. 2) Those known to be false, because the revelation to the Prophet Muhammad rejects them. 3) Those not known to be true or false, and we do not say they are true or false.”



I will let my Muslim readers correct me if I am wrong on my first sentence regarding the meaning of the word. Some how when you see that written out, it doesn’t look very nice. I would hope that this will not keep Muslims from reading the posts on this subject. I will want you to confirm if I get it right or not in regards to what Islam teaches about the End Times.
For the purpose of this series I will be showing the difference’s between Christian and Islam in End Time beliefs. For the first post we will look at what each test says about the ’signs’ that the End Time is near I was going to start it here, but it can be long so I will wait.


The bottom line is, if you are a Christian, a Muslim, a Jew, or a Hindu, all have beliefs about the End Times. Even the Mayans had something to say about it and went as far as giving a date. As it stands, just trying to compare Christian and Islam is going to be hard enough for me, so I will leave it at that. I would ask that not everyone jump down my throat at once, as some on my other blog have a tendency to do. You may want me to condemn this or that, but I am NOT going to do it. As I said, this is to compare, not to criticize, you can save the jumping till I put my two cents worth in. Primarily because I will be doing this as I go along. I don’t have everything pre-set.


It is my understanding that in Islam there in nothing in the Quran itself about the coming of the Islamic Messiah, known as, The 12th Imam, or The Mahdi. Rather it comes from supposed sayings of Mohammed and his followers soon after the Quran was complete. Thus, not all Muslims share the same beliefs. We will be going over what Ahmadnutjob thinks about the coming Mahdi, as he is one person who for sure wants to speed the process.


I know there are Pastor’s and Imam’s out there that can do a much better job at this than I can, but I don’t know if anybody has compared the two texts, or if the readers have had a chance to read them. When it comes to Christian stuff, then I will ask my Christian friends to let me know if I missed something. When it comes to Muslim stuff, all the more, from my Muslim friends.
I may not get a post out every day so bare with me, pray for me, and hopefully I will get it all right. Till the next post, thanks for reading and have a Blessed day!!

0 comments: